To make a personal screen saver in XP, follow these directions:
- Right-click an empty spot on your desktop and choose Properties.
- Click the Screen Saver tab inside the Display Properties dialog box.
- In the Screen Saver pull-down menu, choose "My Pictures Slideshow."
- Underneath the Screen Saver pull-down menu, adjust the time of inactivity before Windows will initiate your screen saver.
- Click Settings to make additional adjustments. You'll be able to adjust transition effects between pictures, how frequently they change, what size the pictures should be, and more.
- Click OK when you're done tweaking the settings adjustments.
- Press the Preview button to see what your screen saver looks like.
- If everything is to your liking, click Apply.